Join us this November for an action-packed day of learning and networking! Choose to attend in-person or virtually, and take advantage of this opportunity for 6 hours of ACPE-accredited CE!
Family Practice Residency Center – Casper Wyoming
$115: In-Person Attendance (includes lunch)
$100: Virtual Attendance
8:45am-9:00am | Welcome and Announcements
Jennifer Dinino, CPhT, Certified Pharmacy Technician
9:00am-11:00am | Give it Your Best Shot: An Update on Immunizations and the Role of the Pharmacy Technician
Jaime Hornecker, PharmD, BCPS, CDE, Clinical Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice, University of Wyoming
– Review the status of vaccine-preventable illness in the United States.
– Understand the immune response and how vaccines confer immunity.
– Utilize ACIP guidance and CDC immunization schedules to identify patients who are eligible for vaccines.
– Recognize the pharmacy technician’s role in immunizing as an important public health initiative.
11:00am – 11:15am | Break – Networking
11:15am-12:15pm | Law Update
Matthew R. Martineau PharmD, RPh, Executive Director, Wyoming State Board of Pharmacy
– Identify the 2021 changes in the Wyoming Pharmacy Act Rules and Regulations.
– Identify the 2021 changes in the Wyoming Pharmacy Act Wyoming Controlled Substance Act and the Board’s Rules and Regulations.
– Summarize the aspects of compliance/non-compliance related to these changes.
ACPE # 0654-0000-21-018-L03-T
12:15pm – 12:45pm | Lunch
12:45pm-1:45pm | Math Review
John Arross, RPh, Clinical Informaticist, Wyoming Medical Center, Casper
– Apply concepts of pharmaceutical calculations toward solving real-world scenarios seen in pharmacy.
– Differentiate between a ratio and the ratio-proportion method of calculating.
– Be familiar with the application of the Allegation method of creating solutions of new concentrations using mixtures of varying concentrations.
– Solve Common Pharmacy calculations using dimensional analysis.
ACPE # 0653-0000-21-019-L05-T
1:45pm-3:45pm – Escaping the Epidemic: A Review of Controlled Substances and Patient Safety
Jessica Papke, Clinical Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice, University of Wyoming
– Match controlled substances to their schedule.
– Recall the legal requirements of a controlled substances prescription in Wyoming.
– Recall what the refill limits are on controlled substances.
– Describe the process for ordering, obtaining, and disposing controlled substances.
– Describe the warning signs for prescription drug diversion.
– List and describe strategies for improving patient safety in regard to controlled substances.
ACPE # 0653-0000-21-020-L05-T
3:45pm-4:15pm | Closing Activities
The University of Wyoming, School of Pharmacy, is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a Provider of Continuing Pharmacy Education and designates these live knowledge or application based activities for up to a total of 6 contact hours (0.6 CEU’s) to pharmacy technicians who attend the program and complete an evaluation / program assessment. Course numbers, instructors, dates, times, and learning objectives are listed.